We Are Recruiting: Peer Learning InternNews & Events
We are Recruiting: Peer Learning Intern
NUI Galway Students’ Union seeks a friendly, energetic and goal-oriented Intern to provide support to existing staff on its CÉIM academic peer learning programme. This is a varied role in which the successful candidate will be required to work closely with diverse partners including students and academic staff to help ensure the effective delivery of CÉIM.
CÉIM is an academic peer support scheme based on the Peer Assisted Study Sessions / Peer Assisted Learning (PASS/PAL) model. CÉIM supports 1st year students’ transition to higher education, health and wellbeing, academic success, progression and development of transferable skills. Delivered via a partnership between students, academic staff and the Students’ Union, CÉIM will be offered to approximately 1,500 or nearly 50% of NUI Galway 1st year students from September 2019. See further information on www.su.nuigalway.ie/ceim
The Intern will be employed by NUI Galway Students’ Union on a fixed-term part-time contract (3 days per week).
Contract duration: Mid-August 2019 – Late April 2020
Working days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (7 hours per day)
- Handle day-to-day tasks to ensure the smooth running of CÉIM.
- Provide general programme and administrative support.
- Organise materials for student leaders, weekly meetings and training.
- Provide support to individual students and groups of students.
- Attend weekly meetings with students and academic staff.
- Support the CÉIM Director and CÉIM Administrator with various duties as they arise.
- Understanding of the CÉIM programme, and an interest in supporting students to make the most of their time at university.
- Strong organisational and administration skills.
- Experienced Microsoft Office user.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Friendly and professional manner with the ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
- Highly adaptable with a solution-oriented outlook.
- Excellent work ethic and commitment to deadlines and deliverables.
- The capacity to acquire new skills and apply them to the role.
Applications must include:
- Cover Letter outlining your suitability for the post and why you are interested in the post.
- Curriculum Vitae.
Applications via email to:
NUI Galway Students’ Union
Closing date: 5:00pm, Friday, 24 May 2019
Interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place on: Wednesday, 12 June 2019