We Are Recruiting: Bar Operations ManagerNews & Events
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
NUI GALWAY STUDENTS’ UNION COMMERCIAL SERVICES LTD.
As part of an exciting strategic refurbishment of the NUIG campus Bar venue, the position of Bar Operations Manager is being recruited for. The rebranded venue will have several new food concepts and corporate event business. The College Bar is the main social and entertainments venue on the NUI Galway campus, playing host to clubs, societies and class parties in a safe and friendly environment. It also has a substantial Restaurant and Café business. It is operated by the NUI Galway Students’ Union Commercial Services Ltd and comprises one part of the company’s wider operations.
Job Title: Bar Operations Manager
Purpose of Job:
The Manager will be responsible for maximizing the performance of the unit and those employed therein, including event management, customer satisfaction, employee engagement, sales and financial performance.
Main Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manage the operation of the bar to ensure consistent positive customer experiences through the implementation of service standards and KPIs.
- Effectively lead, motivate, develop and manage the team, aligning individuals’ goals and objectives to those strategic to the success of the organisation.
- Maintain and develop policies, systems and procedures to ensure the smooth operation of the business.
- Oversee the development and consistent delivery of the food and beverage offering.
- Promote, sell and deliver student and corporate events at this iconic campus venue.
- Work closely with the accounts department to ensure set budgets and financial targets are achieved.
- Manage a calendar of marketing and promotions activities to maximise the venues sales and profile.
- Regular reporting to senior management on College Bar operations and performance.
Required Skills & Experience:
This operational role requires the ideal candidate to have a minimum of 5 years previous management experience in both busy Bar & Restaurant environments. Excellent interpersonal, organisational, leadership and management skills are essential.
- Event Management experience, in both sales and event delivery, minimum 2 years.
- A passion for food and extensive experience in current food trends.
- Good ability to manage pressurised situations and busy periods.
- Demonstrates success and leadership in operational excellence, customer satisfaction and employee development.
- Experience of managing budgets, cost controls and profitability.
- Excellent customer care skills and a commitment to providing excellent standards of customer service.
- Computer literacy, excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Workable knowledge of or willingness to learn Irish
To apply, please submit a letter of application, along with your current CV and at least two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is the 24th of June 2016.
NUI Galway Students’ Union Commercial Services Ltd.is an equal opportunities employer.