Terms and ConditionsUncategorized
How and where you can use the SU Card
Your SU Card may only be used at College Bar, Smokey’s Cafe, The SU Shop, The Wall Cafe. You acknowledge that the SU Card may not be used to purchase alcohol or goods and services that a retailer is not permitted to supply to you (for example, a retailer cannot by law sell cigarettes to you if you are under 18 years of age).
Topping Up your SU Card Balance
In the unlikely situation where there may be a delay with top-up activating in the system and appearing on your SU Card, the SU Card cannot be used for purchases or transaction enquiries.
Purchases with your Gift Card
When paying with your SU Card, staff members will carry out random ID checks to ensure that they are carrying out the transaction on behalf of the account holder. The transaction will be completed when the balance has reduced on your SU Card. No change will be given: any remaining balance on the card can only be used in whole or part against future purchases.
No cash advances
You cannot obtain any cash advance with your SU Card or redeem your SU Card Balance for cash.
Purchases exceeding the SU Card value
Your SU Card may only be used to make purchases up to the remaining SU Card cash balance. If you wish to make a purchase for an amount that exceeds the SU Card balance, you must pay the excess using another payment method.
Validity and expiry of SU Card Cash Balances
Your SU Card Balance will be valid for use for 12 months from the date of purchase (or as otherwise extended by us).
Re-issue of faulty or damaged Gift Cards
Re-issue of faulty or damaged Gift Cards is available at The College Bar Reception. A NUI Galway ID or Passport / Driving Licence will be required to validate the name on the account.
Lost or Stolen Gift Cards
Treat your SU Card like cash. Lost or stolen SU Card balances will not be replaced or refunded.
Checking your Gift Card balance and transaction history
You can check your SU Card balance, Top-Up dates and transaction history at any time by visiting your My SU Account https://services.su.nuigalway.ie. Balances are also printed on your transaction receipt.
Can I collect points when I purchase using my SU Card Cash Balance?
Yes. Normal points accumulation rules apply.
Can I cancel my SU Card Balance?
No, you cannot cancel your SU Card Balance.
Your SU Card, your responsibility
You are responsible for the use and safety of your SU Card. You are liable for all transactions on your SU Card, except to the extent to which there has been fraud or negligence by us or by any of our employees.
We reserve the right to change any of the terms contained in these Terms & Conditions at any time where the change is required:
- To add or remove participating retailers and/or where the SU Card may be used;
- To add or remove goods or services which may be purchased with the SU Card;
- For infrastructural, systems, administrative or operational reasons or to prevent the occurrence of fraud or other unlawful or unacceptable conduct;
- To comply with any contract, law, regulation or statute or order or judgment of any court, tribunal or other body having competent jurisdiction; or
- Where we, acting reasonably, consider that it will not be to your detriment.
Errors and complaints
- SU Cards: If you have reason to believe that an error has occurred in relation to your Gift Card, you should call 091-493577.
- Goods or services: Any complaints about goods or services purchased with a SU Card must be resolved directly with the store concerned.