Applications are now OPEN for the vacant positions at the NUI Galway Students’ Union Cloakroom and Engineering Building Information Point for the 2018/19 academic term.
Please send your CV together with cover letter to Joanna Brophy, Assistant Manager, NUI Galway Students’ Union by email only to email@example.com before 5pm on Monday 27th of August.
Full job description is available here: Job Description SU Engineering Desk Staff
Late applications will not be accepted.
The NUI Galway Students’ Union Cloakroom will be open 9am-6pm Thursdays & Fridays during term time. The Engineering Desk will be open 11am-3pm Monday-Friday from Monday 3rd September 2018.
Please only apply if you will be available to work during these hours.
Please note: You must be available for training on Wednesday 29th August and be prepared to start work from Friday 31st August 2018.
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
NUI GALWAY STUDENTS’ UNION COMMERCIAL SERVICES LTD.
As part of an exciting strategic refurbishment of the NUIG campus Bar venue, the position of Bar Operations Manager is being recruited for. The rebranded venue will have several new food concepts and corporate event business. The College Bar is the main social and entertainments venue on the NUI Galway campus, playing host to clubs, societies and class parties in a safe and friendly environment. It also has a substantial Restaurant and Café business. It is operated by the NUI Galway Students’ Union Commercial Services Ltd and comprises one part of the company’s wider operations.
Job Title: Bar Operations Manager
Purpose of Job:
The Manager will be responsible for maximizing the performance of the unit and those employed therein, including event management, customer satisfaction, employee engagement, sales and financial performance.
Main Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manage the operation of the bar to ensure consistent positive customer experiences through the implementation of service standards and KPIs.
- Effectively lead, motivate, develop and manage the team, aligning individuals’ goals and objectives to those strategic to the success of the organisation.
- Maintain and develop policies, systems and procedures to ensure the smooth operation of the business.
- Oversee the development and consistent delivery of the food and beverage offering.
- Promote, sell and deliver student and corporate events at this iconic campus venue.
- Work closely with the accounts department to ensure set budgets and financial targets are achieved.
- Manage a calendar of marketing and promotions activities to maximise the venues sales and profile.
- Regular reporting to senior management on College Bar operations and performance.
Required Skills & Experience:
This operational role requires the ideal candidate to have a minimum of 5 years previous management experience in both busy Bar & Restaurant environments. Excellent interpersonal, organisational, leadership and management skills are essential.
- Event Management experience, in both sales and event delivery, minimum 2 years.
- A passion for food and extensive experience in current food trends.
- Good ability to manage pressurised situations and busy periods.
- Demonstrates success and leadership in operational excellence, customer satisfaction and employee development.
- Experience of managing budgets, cost controls and profitability.
- Excellent customer care skills and a commitment to providing excellent standards of customer service.
- Computer literacy, excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Workable knowledge of or willingness to learn Irish
To apply, please submit a letter of application, along with your current CV and at least two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is the 24th of June 2016.
NUI Galway Students’ Union Commercial Services Ltd.is an equal opportunities employer.
- Manual Handling Training Course – COURSE FULL 25/08/15
To provide you with the information and training necessary to be competent in Manual Handling, in order to avoid injury to yourself and to others. The Course Provider is The Emergency Services Training Institute.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
Define Manual Handling.
State relevant Irish and EU Legislation.
Describe the basic Anatomy of the Spine.
Utilise correctly the 8 Principles of Safe Lifting.
Manual Handling Legislation – as it applies to the employer
Dangers and harm caused by careless / unskilled methods of manual handling.
Principles of levers and laws of motion.
Anatomy of the spine and muscular system.
How to handle loads safely.
Practice in safe handling of loads.
Assessment & Certification:
To receive certification for Manual Handling all participants must successfully complete a theory quiz and a practical lifting assessment. The certification is valid for 2 years from the date of training.
Course Attendance: Maximum of 10 participants per instructor.
Cost: €30 (Usual cost €50)
Venue: The View, upstairs in Áras na Mac Léinn
Dates: 9am – 1.30pm Wednesday 26th August 2015
Applications are now CLOSED for the vacant positions at the NUI Galway Students’ Union Cloakroom and Engineering Building Information Point for the 2014/15 academic term.
Please send your CV together with cover letter to Joanna Brophy, Assistant Manager, NUI Galway Students’ Union by email only to email@example.com before 1pm on Thursday 21st of August 2014.
Full job description is available here. Late applications will not be accepted.
The NUI Galway Students’ Union Cloakroom will be open 9am-6.30pm Monday – Friday during term time. The Engineering Desk will be open 11am-3pm Monday-Friday during term time. Please only apply if you will be free to work during these hours.
Please note: You must be available for training on Thursday 28th August and be prepared to start work on Tuesday 2nd of September 2014.