Accessible NUI Galway / OÉ Gaillimh Inrochtana
Tuesday 29th October / Dé Máirt an 29 Deireadh Fómhair
- 11am-2pm: Know Your Rights in Hub Central. Drop in and chat about rights in the workplace, college, and public life.
- 6.30pm: Disability and Emergency in the D’arcy Thompson Theatre. Join Emergency Medicine Soc for a talk on best practice in emergency situations
Wednesday 30th October / Dé Céadaoin an 30 Deireadh Fómhair
- All day: The Social Aspect of Disability – an online campaign around the impact inaccessibility has on social life and social connections
Thursday 31st October / Déardaoin an 31 Deireadh Fómhair
- All day: What Is an Accessible Campus? Online/in various locations. Keep up with us on the SU social media platforms to tell us and the University what an accessible campus is to you
- 6pm-8pm Murder Mystery with ISL, location TBC. Join the Irish Sign Language Society for their Halloween event with games and refreshments.
More info from/ Tuilleadh eolais ar fail ó firstname.lastname@example.org
Ability Awareness Day
You are invited to an Ability Awareness Day 4.30pm-7pm Wednesday 29th of March 2017 in The Cube Áras na Mac Léinn NUI Galway hosted by the NUIG SU Equaliteam in collaboration with Special Heroes Ireland.
This will be an evening of talks on various issues: The CRPD (Convention of Rights for People with Disabilities) and why Ireland needs to ratify it now, Deaf Education, and access to education for those with disabilities.
The event will also include a session for open discussion with participants, on what we can all do to raise awareness for disability rights.
All are welcome and refreshments will be served.
For more information contact Megan on email@example.com