We are Recruiting: Sin EditorNews & Events
We are Recruiting: Sin Editor
Sin Newspaper is the official Student Newspaper of NUI Galway. A fortnightly publication published by the Students’ Union, the paper includes a mix of campus news, features, sport and reviews.
Sin.ie is the online information resource of NUI Galway Students’ Union. The website will include up to date news and features and will be a comprehensive information and resource centre for NUI Galway students.
The Sin Editor will be a self starter who works well with others and has particular strengths in working with and motivating a team of volunteers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit, direct and motivate a team of voluntary sub editors and writers.
- Overall responsibility for Newspaper and Website content – Source articles for newspaper and website.
- Maintain a high standard of writing in both Sin Newspaper and Sin Website.
- Edit 12 issues of Sin Newspaper in conjunction with the Students’ Union.
- Update Sin.ie website and social media platforms regularly with news, features etc.
- Ensure consistent design and layout.
- Maintain a clear brand image.
- Develop links with other College Newspapers to facilitate sharing of information and resources.
- Oversee distribution of Sin Newspaper across campus.
- Any other duties which may be assigned from time to time.
€500 stipend per issue.
Applications by Cover Letter and CV to:
Closing date: 5:00pm Tuesday 2nd August 2016