NUIG SU Recruitment: Peer Learning InternNews & Events
Peer Learning Intern
NUI Galway Students’ Union seeks a friendly, motivated and goal-oriented Intern to provide support to existing staff on its CÉIM academic peer learning programme. This is a varied role in which the successful candidate will be required to work closely with diverse partners including students and academic staff to help ensure the effective delivery of CÉIM in an online setting.
CÉIM is an academic peer support scheme based on the Peer Assisted Study Sessions / Peer Assisted Learning (PASS/PAL) model. CÉIM supports 1st year students’ transition to higher education, health and wellbeing, academic success, progression and development of transferable skills. Delivered via a partnership between students, academic staff and the Students’ Union, CÉIM will be offered online to approximately 1,650 or nearly 50% of NUI Galway 1st year students in the 2020/21 academic year. See further information on www.su.nuigalway.ie/ceim
The Intern will be employed by NUI Galway Students’ Union on a fixed-term part-time contract (4 days per week).
Contract duration: Late-August 2020 – Late May 2021
Working days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday (7 hours per day)
Typically, the intern will work on the NUI Galway Campus, however the current COVID-19 crisis will require working from home.
- Handle day-to-day tasks to ensure the smooth running of CÉIM.
- Provide general programme and administrative support.
- Organise materials for student leaders, weekly meetings and training.
- Provide support to individual students and groups of students.
- Attend and run weekly meetings with students and academic staff.
- Support the CÉIM Director and CÉIM Administrator with various duties as they arise.
- Understanding of the CÉIM programme and experience of peer learning.
- A strong interest in supporting students to interact with each other and to develop a sense of belonging at NUI Galway.
- Strong organisational and administration skills.
- Experienced Microsoft Office user.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident operating in an online environment, including video conferencing.
- Friendly and professional manner with the ability to collaborate with diverse stakeholders.
- Highly adaptable with a solution-oriented outlook.
- Excellent work ethic and commitment to deadlines and deliverables.
- The capacity to acquire new skills and apply them to the role.
Applications must include:
- Cover Letter outlining your suitability for the post and why you are interested in the post.
- Curriculum Vitae.
Applications via email to:
NUI Galway Students’ Union
Closing date: 5:00pm, Monday, 22 June 2020
Online interviews for shortlisted candidates will take place week beginning Monday, 29 June 2020