NUIG: Behind the Scenes2013/2014 Projects
Staff and students of the Huston School of Film and Digital Media and Acadamh na hOllscolaíochta Gaeilge will produce short videos focusing “behind the scenes” on various aspects of NUI Galway. The project will explore how the various offices, organisations, commercial outlets and staff and student groups operate on campus.
Project Update – 15 April 2014
- Multiple meetings with the staff partner to organise and plan out various film shoots (“packages”).
- Arranged to be given access to footage of the Alumni Awards in early March for the Alumni Package.
- Meetings with external partner, Staunton Media, for consultation and assistance in filming packages. Mid-March.
- Attended USI Congress in early April as a press observer to capture footage of the NUI Galway delegation in action for the SU Package.
- Filmed the Societies Awards on April 1st for the Socs Package.
- Set up a trip to An Academh for April 15th to interview students and obtain footage for the Irish Language package.
Project Update – 17 January 2014
- Attended launch of EXPLORE on 20 November.
- Project team members met to discuss possible groups and organisations to include in the project.
- Met to finalise plan of action and plan budget for the year.
- Began contacting groups and organisations that the project would be focusing on.
- Submitted funding request for equipment and services.
Students: Darragh O’Connor
Staff: Uinsionn Mac Dubhghaill