NUI Galway Summer Exams 2016News & Events
NUI Galway Summer Exams 2016
Semester 2 (2015/2016) exams are scheduled for Monday, 25th April to Wednesday, 11th May 2016 (inclusive). Students are expected to be available for exams for the entire duration of the exam session. Exam timetables are available on the Exams Office Website
Undergraduate Results: Official 1st Sitting results for Semester 1 and Semester 2 will be released from Tuesday, 14th to Friday, 24th June 2016.
Postgraduate Results: Official 1st Sitting results will be released on Friday, 1st July 2016.
Will take place Tuesday 2nd – Friday 12th August 2016. The repeat/Autumn exam timetable will be released online at 4pm on Friday 8th July 2016.
The Library will have extended opening hours for the Repeat Exams Mon 25th July – Sat 13th August: Mon-Thurs 08:30-22:00, Fri 08:30-17:30, Sat 10:00-17:00, Sun Closed
Extra Study Space for Summer Exams 2016:
Saturday 16th April 08:00-22:00
Sunday 17th April – Wednesday 11th May 08:00-22:00
Tyndall, O’Flaherty, D’Arcy Thompson, Kirwan, Larmor & Dillon Theatres
ENG-G018 & ENG-G047
Student Health Unit Extended Opening Hours
From Monday 25th April the Student Health Unit will have extended opening hours for exam emergencies 8.30am-5.30pm Monday-Friday. Closed for lunch 1pm-2pm.
• With your subjects? Check the SU Grinds Register
• With Maths? Contact the SUMS FREE Maths Support Centre
• With Essays? Contact the FREE Academic Writing Centre
• With Programming? Contact Computer DISC for FREE help
Exam Success/De-Stress Programme Mon 18th April-Fri 29th April:
• 11:00-11:30 Relaxation/De-Stress in The Space (upstairs in Áras na Mac Léinn)
• 13:00-13:30 Mindfulness in The Space (upstairs in Áras na Mac Léinn)
• 17:00-17:30 Relaxation/De-Stress in The Space (upstairs in Áras na Mac Léinn)
FREE Physical Activity Programme for Exam Success
• 09:00-09:35 Virtual Spin in the Kingfisher Ground Floor Studio D
• 13:00-14:00 Mon & Thurs 5k Walk/Run meet outside Kingfisher
• 13:00-15:00 Corrib Village Cages available for a kick about
• 16:00-16:35 Virtual Body Balance in Kingfisher Upstairs Studio C
The Student Counselling Service will also have extra staff for their drop in service 14:00-16:00 each day – no appointment necessary.