NUI Galway Students’ Union Charity Aquathon 2015Uncategorized
NUI Galway Students’ Union Charity Aquathon 2015
The NUI Galway Students’ Union Charity Aquathon takes place on Tuesday 24th of February 2015. The event consists of a 750m swim (30 lengths) in the swimming pool in the Sports Centre followed by a 5km run in Dangan.
Participants are asked to raise a minimum of €25 to take part and all proceeds will go to the SU Charities: Console and BeLonG To. There will be a prize for the top fundraiser this year!
You can sign up in the Students’ Union office now and collect your Sponsorship Card. Entry includes free t-shirt and food for all participants.
Complete the Entry Form here. Return same to the Students’ Union Office and collect your Sponsorship Card. Sponsorship cards and funds raised can be returned to the Students’ Union office or brought with you on the morning of the race.
Fundraise Online for the Aquathon here.
THANK YOU: Kingfisher, NUI Gaway, NUI Galway Triathlon Club, Advertees for the t-shirts, College Bar Catering for lunch, the SU Shop for the snacks and water!
Event Schedule for Competitors:
- 9.30am-10.30am Registration in the Sports Centre
- 10.30am Competitor Briefing and group photo
- 11am First wave of competitors enter the pool
- 11.30am First group of runners start the run
- 1.30pm Lunch and prizegiving
We are grouping competitors according to their estimated times for each part of the event so the fastest swimmers will be going in the pool first and moving on to start the run first. This way we don’t have people crashing in to each other!
1. Swim: Swimming togs, flip flops, swimming hat, goggles, towel etc.
2. Run: Running gear, proper rummers (no shoes, boots etc. allowed)