VideoDoc, the Irish leading digital healthcare provider has joined up with USI to provide 7 day a week online GP service provided free of charge to all 374,000 student members of the Union of Students in Ireland (USI).
The service will be available free until the end of the academic year (June 2018).
VideoDoc is Europe’s fastest growing online doctor service offering consultations anywhere you can access the internet. Using a computer or mobile device you can have a secure video consultation with a GP, without the need to make an appointment. Access to the VideoDoc online doctor service is through www.videodoc.ie or the VideoDoc iOS or Android app from 8am to 10pm, 7 days.
You can register for VideoDoc here
How to use VideoDoc:
- Register for an account or, if you already have one, use your student e-mail and password to login. This service is only free to students who are members of the Union of Students in Ireland (USI).
- You’ll be asked to tell the doctor the reason for your visit, any medications you are taking and any allergies you may have.
- There is no cost involved because you are a member of the Union of Students in Ireland (USI) so make sure to sign up using your college e-mail address.
- Before you see a doctor, you can update any personal health information you would like to share with your doctor. Please enter your preferred pharmacy and the doctors can send your prescription directly to them.
- If you are not seeing your own doctor, you may wish to provide VideoDoc with their details for continuity of care. A consultation with VideoDoc usually takes place in less than 10 minutes. If you do not want to wait on the platform you can select the option for the doctor to text or call you when they are ready to see you.
When to use VideoDoc:
- For diagnosis and treatment of everyday illness
- If you need a prescription for medication or the pill
- When worried about a personal health issue
- When in need of a referral for immediate treatment
- When considering A&E for a non-emergency situation
- When you are not comfortable talking to your own doctor about an issue
- When your usual doctor is unavailable
- When travelling and in need of medical care