EXPLORE – Apply now to turn an idea into reality!Uncategorized
Apply now to turn an idea into reality!
EXPLORE is currently seeking applications from students and staff to collaborate on innovative, new projects to benefit NUI Galway and/or the wider community. €1,000 funding available per project. Closing date: 12 October. Find out more and apply at https://services.su.nuigalway.ie/explore
What is EXPLORE?
The first scheme of its kind in the Irish third-level sector, EXPLORE invites students and university staff to collaborate on innovative, new projects. Students and staff team up, devise a project to benefit NUI Galway and/or the wider community, apply for €1,000 funding and, where successful, deliver this project within the 2012/2013 academic year.
Who is behind EXPLORE?
NUI Galway and the Students’ Union joined forces in early 2012 to introduce the EXPLORE Innovation Initiative. EXPLORE is supported by the Bright Ideas Initiative and the Student Projects Fund.
Who can apply?
Any NUI Galway student or staff member can take part in EXPLORE. So that means undergraduate or postgraduate students; and academic, administrative or other staff – full time or part time.
How do I apply?
Apply by completing the straightforward, one-page application form and emailing it to
email@example.com by 12 October 2012. Projects need to display:
(1) Partnership – a minimum of one NUI Galway student and one NUI Galway staff member must sign off on each project (more team members are welcome)
(2) Innovation – projects cannot already be carried out on campus and should not form part of a core
function that should be carried out
(4) Impact on NUI Galway and/or the wider community
What type of projects can be undertaken?
The list of potential topics is endless…culture, employability, teaching, cross-campus provision, health,
engagement in lectures, learning spaces, the environment, sustainability, sport, civic engagement,
technology… Projects can be student led or staff/academic led and can be about any topic that involves NUI Galway campus life.
Why take part?
– Have the satisfaction of seeing your idea come to life
– Pilot a new project in a low-risk environment
– Boost your CV/student portfolio/teaching portfolio
– Develop new skills
– Expand your network
– Gain access to expertise outside your own discipline
– Get insight into the perspective of students or staff
– Have a greater say on campus
– Overcome resource and time challenges
– Improve the on-campus experience
Find out more: https://services.su.nuigalway.ie/explore