Welcome to your later than usual weekly email from your Students’ Union – delayed due to the snow!
#NUIGSU18 Vote This Thursday!
Voting will take place this Thursday 8th of March to elect your SU President, Vice-President/Education Officer and Vice-President/Welfare and Equality Officer for 2018/19.
You can vote in the following locations just make sure to bring your NUIG ID
- 10am-7pm An Bhialann
- 11am-8pm Áras na Mac Léinn
- 12pm-3.30pm Engineering Building
- 1pm-4pm Friars
Not on campus next Thursday to Vote? Register online here before midnight Wednesday 7th of March for your Remote Vote and then you can log in and vote 10am-8pm on Thursday 8th of March.
Class Reps Last SU Council Meeting + Election of SU Council Chairperson TONIGHT
6pm Monday 5th of March in AM250 in the Arts Millennium Building.
The candidates are:
- Cooke, Kenneth
- Devlin Larsen, Megan Jane
- Garrison, Annelise
- Vaughan, Sabrina
PLEASE NOTE: only registered Class Reps can vote in this election and please bring your NUIG ID!
We now have NUIG student tickets for Connacht Rugby vs Edinburgh 7.35pm on Friday 23rd March on sale for €20 in the SU and the SU Engineering Desk.
Camp Leaders Ireland will be in The View Áras na Mac Léinn 4pm-5pm TOMORROW Tuesday 6th of March to answer all your J1 queries.
- 5.30pm-7pm Tues 6th March Exam Skills and Stress Management in G010 Library Lobby
- 5.30pm-6.30pm Weds 7th March Decision Making in G011 Library Lobby
- 7pm-8.30pm Weds 7th March Managing your Time and Workload in AC203
- 1pm-3pm Thurs 8th March Transition to Employment – Interview Skills Workshop in G010 Library Lobby
- 11am-1pm Fri 9th March Exam Preparation Boot Camp in G010 Library Lobby
- 7pm-9pm Tues 13th March Exam Preparation Boot Camp in G010 Library Lobby
ALIVE Certificate Ceremony – Tuesday 10th April
This year as we celebrate your volunteering all year long with campus and community activities our new President of NUI Galway will delighted to see you and join in the celebrations! To log your volunteering and apply for the award login with your Student ID and Student Password here.
Not sure if you have enough volunteer hours built up? Lots of great new roles added every day to view and sign up to at: www.nuigalway.ie/alive
Fat Tony’s barbers will be in Áras na Mac Léinn 11am-4pm this Thursday 8th of March and will have loads of freebies and prizes for you to win!
- Like the Smarter Travel CampusFacebook page/share their posts to be in with a chance to win a €25 One4All voucher.
- Send your team photo to email@example.com by 2pm this Friday to win a Marchathon goodie pack!
Nominations for the SU voluntary part-time officer positions will open at 10am on Thursday the 21st of March and will close at 5pm on Wednesday 28th of March. Nomination forms will be available from the SU Office and the SU Website.
The election will take place on Thursday 12th of April 2018.
Your full guide to running for SU Elections 2018/19 is available HERE.
Lidl FREE Bus Every Monday from Corrib Village
- Leaves Corrib Village 6.30pm
- Leaves Lidl 7.30pm
Journalism Society Talk
This Wednesday 7th of March NUIG Journalism Society will host a talk with Kernan Andrews from the Galway Advertiser 7pm-8pm followed by a free showing of Anchorman with snacks in the Arts Millennium Building.
The survey is basic and is to find out people’s attitudes towards Road Safety in Ireland. It will take just over 3 minutes to fill out.
At Blackstone Launchpad this week:
- 12pm-2pm Mon 5th March in Blackstone Launchpad – ‘Business model canvas by Dennis Dennehy’.
- 4pm-8pm Thurs 8th March in the Bailey Allen Hall Blackstone stand at ‘Galway Energy Summit 2018’
- 10am-2pm Fri 9th March in Blackstone Launchpad – ‘App Development with Aidan Breen’. For more information or to book a slot email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1pm-2.30pm Tuesday 6th of March in Áras Moyola
2nd Year Students Wanted: Please Share Your Opinion of The Student Experience at NUIG – €20 One4all voucher per participant!
This involves participating in 2 workshops discussing first year at NUIG and what support first year students need to help them adjust to college life.
The workshops will take place on the following dates and times;
- Monday 5th March 5pm to 6.30pm (pizza at 6.30pm) AND
- Tuesday 6th March 12.30pm to 1.30pm (lunch at 1.30pm)
The workshops are interactive and creative and food will be provided at both. If you are interested in taking part please email: email@example.com
To get involved with the paper email Sorcha on firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact the Students’ Union by email to email@example.com with any questions or suggestions you may have. You can also like or follow us on Facebook Instagram Snapchat (@nuigsu) and Twitter.
Our office is located upstairs in the Áras na Mac Léinn building beside Sult and we are open Monday to Friday 10am-5pm during term.
Our reception desk in the Engineering Building foyer is open Monday – Friday 11am-3pm during term (Thursday 12pm-3pm)