NUIG Christmas Holiday ArrangementsNews & Events
Christmas Holiday Arrangements
NUI Galway Christmas Holidays are from Saturday 16th December 2017 to Sunday 14th of January 2018 (inclusive)
Semester 2 Teaching starts on Monday 15th of January 2018. Academic Dates for the rest of 2017/18 are available HERE.
- The Students’ Union Office will close at 4.00pm on Thurs 21st Dec and reopen at 10am Mon 8th Jan. Reduced opening hours Mon 18th Dec – Thurs 21st Dec 10am-12.30pm & 2pm-4.30pm.
- The Students’ Union Engineering Desk will close at 3pm on Fri 15th of Dec and reopen at 11am on Mon 15th of Jan.
- The Students’ Union Cloakroom will close at 6pm on Fri 15th of Dec and reopen at 9am on Thurs 18th of Jan.
- The Students’ Union Shop will close on Thurs 21st Dec and reopen Wed 3rd Jan 8am-5pm.
- Sult will close at 12pm on Weds 20th Dec and will reopen at 8.30am on Mon 8th Jan.
- Caifé na Gaeilge will close on Fri 15th Dec and will reopen on Mon 15th Jan.
- Smokey’s Café will close on Thurs 21st Dec and reopen Wed 3rd Jan 8.30am-5pm.
- The Wall Café will be 9am to 3pm over the Christmas period except closed 23rd to 26th Dec inclusive & closed 30th Dec to 1st Jan inclusive.
- The James Hardiman Library will have reduced hours Fri 15th Dec to Fri 22nd of Dec 08:30-17:30 Mon-Fri. Closed Sat/Sun. The Library will be closed Sat 23rd Dec to Tues 2nd Jan inclusive. Weds 3rd Jan- Sun 14th Jan reduced hours: Mon-Fri 08:30-17:30 Sat/Sun Closed.
- The Reading Room will only be closed on Mon 25th and Tues 26th of December.
- The Student Health Unit will close on Weds 20th Dec and will reopen on Mon 8th Jan.
- Sin Newspaper will be back with a new issue on Tues 23rd of Jan.
- Flirt FM will be off air from 10th December to Mon 15th Jan.
- The Socs Box will close on Fri 22nd Dec and will reopen on Mon 8th Jan.
- The Academic Writing Centre will close on Fri 1st of Dec and will reopen in Jan 2018.
- SUMS will be closed from Mon 11th of Dec and will reopen on Mon 29th of Jan.
- For details about Computer Suite Access over the holidays check HERE