A Message from An Garda SíochánaNews & Events
A Reminder from An Garda Síochána that they have a zero tolerance approach with regards to excessive drinking, drug abuse and public disorder in Galway.
Excessive drink/drug abuse and public disorder will lead to one or more of the following:
- Fixed Charge Notice
- Charge Sheet or Summons to Court
- Fines of up to €1,500
- Criminal Conviction
The Implications of a Criminal Conviction:
- You won’t get a J1 Visa
- You may not get future employment
- Expelled University for Breach of Student Code of Conduct
- Impact on Garda vetting for future employment
Galway Bye-laws on consumption of alcohol in public places:
- Gardaí can issue a €100 on the spot fine if they catch you drinking in the streets.
- This goes up to €200 if not paid within 21 days.
- If you don’t pay in 56 days you can end up in court facing a charge of €1,500.
- Don’t take the risk.
Please act responsibly and respectfully. Look after yourselves and each other.