- The Grinds Register is on our website
- Past Exam Papers are all available online through the Past Exam Papers Database
- We also stock a wide range of secondhand books and you can search our database to see if the book you want is in stock
- View exam-related pages:
- Exam Tips, Exam Do’s and Dont’s, What happens if…? , Plagiarism,
- SUMS (Support for Undergraduate Maths Support) Centre
- Academic Writing Support Centre
- Computer Programming Drop In Support Centre (DISC)
- Extra Study Space
- New Library Study Break Policy 2016/17
EXAM TIME SIMPLE GUIDELINES
- Check your Personal timetable, make sure all your exams to be taken at this exam session are listed, if not contact the Student Information Desk
- Know the exact location, date and start time of your Exam, remember to the check the Exams Amendments web page! View Bus Eireann Galway Network Map
- If you have Christmas Exams in Salthill (Leisureland/Galway Bay Hotel) we have arranged a bus service with City Direct for €2 per journey. Exam Bus Timetable.
- Be there on time, at least 20 mins before the Exam starts & look up your seat no. when you arrive. Any delay in seating may cause unwanted stress and/or disruption in your exam.
- Make sure you bring your ID card with you and place it on your desk during your exam for inspection. If you do not present your current ID card you will be fined €30. If you have misplaced or lost your ID card, you can get it replaced at the Student Information Desk, Áras Uí Chathail for a fee of €20. During the Exam period the Student Information Desk will be open 09:00-12:30 and 14:00-16:00
- Mobile phones found in Exams Venues will be confiscated & can be picked up from the Student Information Desk for a fee €20. Other penalties can include mark reduction and getting zero marks for the module.
- You can enter the Exam Venue up to 1 hour after the exam has started but you don’t get any extra time
- If you take permitted material into the exam venue with you, make sure it’s free of notes or indentations writing or notes. Students in some exams are permitted to bring books such as legal texts in with them, but consult with your lecturer first.
- Make sure you take the correct exam paper
- If you have questions about the Exam paper ask the invigilator
- You can’t leave the Exam Venue for the first hour or the last 30 mins of the exam
- You have to hand all the answer books, even those used for rough work. You will not be allowed to leave the examination hall with any answer book.
- If you feel unwell during an exam, tell the invigilator
- Visiting Students are not entitled to extra time
- Ear plugs are available in the Students’ Union shop and are a good accessory to help concentration in the exam hall.
- You must remain seated until your exam script has been collected
If you’re having problems with study or any education related issues contact the Education Officer
If you’re stressed and need someone to talk to or just someone to listen contact the Welfare Officer
For all exam related queries check out the Exams Office website