Capture Your Campus2013/2014 Projects
The Marketing and Communications Office will work with the student PhotoSoc in hosting an online competition for students and staff to submit high-definition photographs of the campus. Successful entrants can see their work used in official publications while an exhibition of the submissions will also take place.
Project Team & Links
Staff: Valerie Leahy, Brid Seoige
[/tab_item] [tab_item title=”Team”]
[/tab_item] [tab_item title=”Links”]
No current links available
Capture Your Campus postcards ON SALE NOW
Packs of 12 Capture Your Campus postcards (category-winning photos) are FOR SALE NOW in NUI Galway Reception (under the Archway, leading into Quadrangle). Priced at only €5 for 12 quality cards featuring iconic campus scenes. All proceeds go to NUI Galway Students’ Union charities.
Photos are still being accepted
Although, the competition element of this project has ended, you can continue to submit photos to the Capture Your Campus website. You can also email the organisers at firstname.lastname@example.org. Take a look at the online album of sample entries.
Capture Your Campus Photo Exhibition
- Launches 11 am, Friday 11 April, in Seminar Room G011 (off foyer), James Hardiman Library; all welcome
- Exhibit will be opened by Prof. Chris Curtin, Vice President for Innovation and Performance
- Pictures from the 10 category winners will be featured in the exhibition along with the overall winner’s photo
- All other entries will be displayed digitally on the Library’s video wall (in foyer)
- Exhibition will be displayed until Thursday 17 April
[accordion] [accordion_item title=’28 February 2014′]
- Closing date for entries is today; entries continue to steadily come in!
- PhotoSoc organised a campus Photo Walk on 3 February. Participants could then upload the images they took on the walk to the contest.
- We successfully ran a Facebook and Twitter campaign to publicise the competition—lots of Likes/Shares/Views and Comments!
- Our project-end exhibition is planned for April (date to be confirmed) and will be launched by Professor Chris Curtin, Vice President for Innovation and Performance; it will feature the 10 category-winners, the overall winner, and a video wall showcasing digitally all entries to the competition. This digital exhibition will feature thereafter on campus screens/electronic notice-boards.
- We will soon be approaching printing firms to ask for sponsorship towards a CAPTURE YOUR CAMPUS calendar for 2015 that will feature our 12 category winners; this calendar will be on sale in the SU Shop and other outlets on campus; proceeds to NUI Galway Student Charities.
- Galway County Council wants to meet our project group with a view to perhaps developing a similar county-wide project, Capture Your County!
[/accordion_item] [accordion_item title=’29 November 2013′]
- Series of meetings between project partners have taken place
- Branding is underway, with a graphic element for CYC being finalised for next week
- We now have a generic email: email@example.com
- We are investigating our submission website portal at present (this is taking some time as server space, site security, etc., are issues we have to explore)
- The aim is to launch our site with a “soft launch” pre-Christmas (ideally mid-December)
- We’re in the midst of devising our competition’s “terms & conditions”
- PhotoSoc have devised a “tips” presentation for us to advise submitters how to improve their photo-taking
- We’ll follow up with a bigger launch then in the new year—more publicity, etc.
- We are booking an exhibition space (likely The Cube) for post-Easter/pre-exams 2014; in negotiations with Arts Office on this at present